Some people can’t just do it the normal way.
– VPN to Canada exit server
– go to CBC website www.cbc.ca/sports-content/soccer/brazil2014
– view Replays of matches
– Good: watch the matches at any time you like! That’s real convenient. Scrollbar at the bottom allows you to jump, but can be spoilers.
– Bad: Quality isn’t HD, bit ghosty. Minor lag. Not sure where is the live stream button.
– VPN to UK server
– go to BBC iPlayer channel BBC2 www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
– Check schedule for live matches and ‘Match of the day’ reruns.
– Good: Seems to have iPlayer apps available for mobile and other services. A few other channels are available.
– Bad: only one channel for world cup. no on-demand replay.
[Reminder, above links won’t work if you access them outside of their home countries. Content is locked.]
– There are tons of them out there
– Currently I just started with www.privateinternetaccess.com since it appears well rated by some non-dodgey websites, and the service is basic and not overly expensive. Frills like pretty apps and websites aside, what you need is a good stable connection at the highest speed possible for video streaming. That’s tough to get. If you just want a connection, there are other offerings that give you a wider choice of exit server countries. For eg PIA doesn’t have much Asia connections.
KIV Cyberghost VPN when I need a free vpn cxn in the future.